No matter how safe of a driver you are there is still a risk of another careless individual wrecking into your vehicle. Just recently this proved to be true. According to the Chieftain, a woman was driving under the influence of drugs and she ended up wrecking into a parked truck. The accident occurred near Seventh and Main Street in Downtown Pueblo. Because of the angle and speed of the driver she ended up roller her car. The driver under the influence, Heidi Caruso, 44, suffered minor injuries because she was wearing a seat belt. Police chief reported that Caruso was under the influence of some kind of narcotic. She was accused of careless driving, driving without a license and no insurance. The crash closed Main Street for a nearly an hour for clean up and investigation.
If you have suffered high property damages due to a negligent or careless driver it is important that you seek financial compensation. Contact a Pueblo personal injury lawyer today to find out how much you deserve.
The dangers of a rollover accident may be immediately apparent to most people however it is worth learning more about to prevent it from ever happening to you. Rollover accidents occur more frequently with large trucks or light trucks than any other vehicle type. However, it is important to understand a rollover accident can happen to anyone for a number of reasons. A rollover accident is defined as a rollover if the vehicles 4 wheels leave the ground and any side or end of the car hits the ground.
There are a few types of roll-overs.
- A tripping rollover is when a vehicle is sliding sideways, and the tires strike a curb, dig into soft ground, suddenly causing a sudden lateral force that causes the car to tilt on its side.
- Depending on your speed a car can roll completely over or just land on its side.
- When a narrow object causes one side of the vehicle to accelerate upwards, but not the other, causing the vehicle to rotate along its long axis resulting in a tipping action by the car.
- A car collision that involves a side impact can accelerate a vehicle sideways.
- As a vehicle crosses a ditch or steep slope.
- When hitting a large obstacle with one of its wheels or when maneuvering over uneven terrain.
It is always important to check your vehicle for roll-over warnings and concentrate on your speed when navigating turns, curbs, or even ditches. Speed of a vehicle is a big factor for reasons cars roll-over.
If you have been involved in an accident that was not your fault and caused you or a loved one serious injuries there is no time to waste. Mickey Smith is a dedicated Pueblo personal injury lawyer who can help you recover from the financial setbacks of a car accident immediately. Many times after a car crash insurance companies will delay or even deny covering financial costs of your injuries, medical bills or even property damage. Don’t let this happen to you. By contacting a Pueblo personal injury lawyer today you don’t have to stand alone in an insurance dispute. As a dedicated and experienced personal injury attorney Mickey Smith can help get your family the financial compensation that you deserve. Call today for a free case evaluation at (719) 544-0062.